Sunday, January 20, 2013

New TV Show - "The Following"

If you haven't already heard, a new show is premiering tomorrow night (1/21) on FOX that is called The Following. The premise? "A brilliant and charismatic, yet psychotic, serial killer communicates with other active serial killers and activates a cult of believers following his every command." -IMDB

The Following is a psychological thriller from the creator and executive producer, Kevin Williamson (Vampire Diaries, Dawson's Creek, Scream franchise); you can read more about the show here.

some of the faces in the show ::

Kevin Bacon
James Purefoy
Shawn Ashmore
Kyle Catlett
Natalie Zea
Annie Parisse
Nico Tortorella

--all images via--

Why am I telling you about this? Because A. I'm excited to check out the show and B. I was with all the above people on Friday night at the world premiere event!! 

Yes, my Friday night on-the-couch-with-a-glass-of-wine plans turned into a last minute "in" to the event (thanks to Patrick's brother!) so I quickly changed out of my pajama pants into something a wee more fancy :) 

some of my snapshots from the evening ::

the event took place at the NY Public Library, which is just breathtaking.
(you might recognize those stairs from this movie.)
our personal VIP
NYC & LA brothers
the really cool ice sculpture behind the bar
art from the show's set
That's the back of Kyra Sedgewick (Kevin Bacon's wife) right before I chatted with her! I told her she was fabulous and that I adore her as an actress and was very excited for her husband's show. She couldn't have been sweeter.
(pssst, Kevin Bacon in the corner)
After I talked to Kyra, we noticed that she & Kevin were making their way out the door. Patrick tells the story best, but it was literally like Kevin knew I was hoping to speak to him. He strolled past all of these people, came straight up to me, paused and looked me in the eye. I smiled and said, "I wanted to tell you that you are great." He smiled back and gave me a big thumbs up. It was a magical little moment.

So! Tune in or set those DVRs for tomorrow night to record the premiere; 
it airs at 9PM EST on FOX!

until next time,

g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...