Monday, October 3, 2011

Brooklyn Bridge

Since moving to Manhattan in May of 2007, I have done many of the "required" New York-y things. I've been to the top of the Empire State Building, I've seen numerous Broadway shows, and I've learned how to light a gas pilot light. I finally did something yesterday, however, that I've been wanting to do for a very long time: walk across the Brooklyn Bridge...and all the way to Chelsea! :)

(and no, I wasn't caught in the protest on the bridge where 700 people were arrested - thankfully!)

Yesterday's crisp fall weather was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend putting this at the top of your to-do list this season before it gets too chilly.




Here is a guide on walking across the bridge with information on where to enter from both the Manhattan and Brooklyn sides.

Some history about the bridge.

Click here to experience the walk for yourself from your computer. The pictures are pre 9/11.

until next time,

g

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...