Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekender Bags

It's that time of year!
...weddings, graduations, bachelor/bachelorette shindigs, mini-vacations, & weekend trips.

Instead of pullin' out the giant suitcase, it's always nice to have a bag that fits all you need for 2-4 days. I am not a fan of packing. In fact, I'm quite terrible at it. It makes me stressed & grouchy (ask Patrick), and I tend to pack more than I need as I fabricate scenarios where I just might need five pairs of shoes and a wool sweater at the beach. The good thing about weekender bags? Their size gives you a limit. I'm always forced to put that third extra outfit back in the closet so I can zip the sucker up. And lo & behold, I always have enough.

Do you have a favorite weekender bag? Here are some different styles I like --

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8


I have #8. I've used it for countless trips and the thing is practically indestructible. Which I need. The last flight I was on required me sprinting up to the gate in order to board before they closed the door. As I grabbed my boarding pass, I heard "Ma'am! Ma'am!" and thought oh great, what now. "Where did you get that bag??! I NEED IT!" I couldn't help but smile. Yes, it's pretty great. (Pssst, MZ Wallace is having a sale right now.) I've also been eyeing the company that makes #2 & #5...their videos of what all fits inside the bags are both clever & mesmerizing. Have a look here.

until next time,

g

6 comments:

  1. ooh, I'm *loving* #2... definitely added to my wishlist! I have a medium longchamp tote that's fantastic. vera bradley makes great ones too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fab? Yes! Good call. Both Longchamp & Vera are great as well.

      Delete
  2. gosh i so have an obsession with weekender bags! they are so gorgeous! and yesss, that first one i have been super obsessed with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like everyone has a Longchamp bag, but I swear mine has been one of my best investments! When I lived in London and traveled over the weekends to different cities, it was the perfect size for clothes, my wallet, passport, and Kindle.

    Emily
    www.prettyshinymine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Longchamps are great. I love that you can fold them up, too - perfect to throw in a bigger suitcase if you think you might bring back extra stuff from a trip.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...