Monday, May 27, 2013

New Nephew!

The highlight of my weekend was - without a doubt - the arrival of my precious nephew, Oliver.

...check out that mohawk! 

Oliver Brian was born in the wee hours of the morning on May 26th (24 hours after labor started - my poor sis-in-law!). He weighed between 7 & 8 pounds and measured 20 inches long. He's perfect. Oliver is my oldest brother's first son, my ninth nephew, & the fourth nephew with a birthday in May! (Thank goodness for birthday calendars, right?) 

It was torture not being at the hospital with everyone, and I'm pretty sure I drove them crazy with my countless inquisitive texts. Any updates? What's happening? Will you send me a picture of the room? What does the doctor look like? What are you doing? How many inches is she dilated? I mean centimeters! (They're never going to let that last one go, by the way.)  I knew the fam was starting to feel delirious when my mom sent me pictures of my sister & other brother pretending they were in labor in the next room :)

My mom called me shouting, "He's here! He's here! 8 pounds!" but my uncontrollable shooting-out-of-my-eyeballs tears didn't hit me until my brother texted me that first picture...

Everyone is safe & sound at home; I've heard his big sister is loving her new role :) Patrick & I get to meet the little peanut in less than two weeks! I can't want to kiss those puffy cheeks and breathe in that sweet baby smell. Oh Oliver, we're so glad you're here. xoxo, Aunt Ginny

until next time,

g




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...