Friday, March 22, 2013

Have a Spring-y Weekend!



What's cookin', good lookin'? This week went by in a jiffy, yes? I'm not complaning :) I spy some temps in the 50s in the 10-day forecast so maybe (maybe!) spring weather is on its way. I don't know about you, but I've made a mental list of things I'm craving:

warm sunshine
picnics
sandals
a date at Shake Shack in Madison Square Park
pleasant outdoor runs
the need to wear sunglasses
ditching the coat,  finally
open windows
the sound of the air conditioner
a walk on The High Line
making a vacation out of a long weekend
clambakes
the feeling of sunkissed cheeks
rompers & sundresses
strolling through outdoor flea markets
puppies everywhere
picking up fresh flowers from the bodega
walking everywhere and not minding
blooming trees & flowers
day-trips to the beach
free kayaking in the Hudson River
the smell of coconut sunscreen
neons & pastels
Sundays in Central Park
Starbucks green iced tea
eating & drawing outside
ballpark hotdogs
city rooftop views
happy hour on The Frying Pan
froyo for dinner

Sigh... it's comin', folks, it is.

This weekend? I'm looking forward to a double date tonight (celebrations are in order!), wrapping up a few projects, and getting ready for a trip next week. The hardest part about prepping for time away is not mentally checking out too early. Here's hoping I can stay focused! In the meantime, here are some links for your day --

when my friend is eating something I want.

a cute boyfriend blazer for $50.

New York subway Easter eggs.

how animation was done in the 1930s.

let there be.

ha! this dog catches like I do.

in case you need some grey chevron straws.

how to tie your running shoes to make them fit your feet better.

the perfect little hat for your youngin's Easter basket.

we have the same pink landline phone! 'cept no one ever calls us :(

do your kids share a bathroom? check out this cute decorating idea.

a genius idea for drink labels.

i wanna try this pretty lipstick shade.

a spring cleaning checklist.

and finally, keep this in mind.

have a lovely weekend!

until next time,

g

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this is list is perfect. I just wish San Francisco would hurry up and get warm already! And I love Heat Wave, it is one of my favorites. It also goes smashing with a bright pink layered underneath it. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! Here's hoping both coasts warm up soon :) Oooh! Thanks for the tip -- I'll have to try the lipstick combo. Thank you, you too!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...