Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Twenty-Ten

Before I head upstate to ring in twenty-ten with my boyfriend and his family, I want to wish everyone a fun & safe NYE celebration. In a time of looking ahead to what's next, I hope that we can all remember the lesson that my snazzy green refridgerator magnet teaches:

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift."


The only person that can make the past stop affecting you is YOU. Hold onto the good and let go of the bad. And stop wishing for tomorrow. It's not guaranteed no matter how long you spend planning it. What can you control? How you spend right now. This very moment.


I dare you to not look ahead and set unrealistic resolutions. Instead, set intentions. Good ones.
picture from here
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne...
Perhaps Burns intended to provide a similar message in his poem "Auld Lang Syne" (long long ago) from 1788. It asks if old times should be forgotten, but reminds us to hold on to those friendships from the past. In a time of farewells and new beginnings, intend to enjoy the present.
until next time,
g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...