Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Long Weekend!

Excited for the long weekend? I am!

I went to this incredible event last night and am now an even bigger fan of Deborah Needleman and Jonathan Adler. (Jonathan's husband, Simon Doonan, was there as well.) It was such a treat because I ran into a few friends from college (I love that this city can feel so small), one of whom now works as Deborah's assistant! She posted a picture of Needleman & Adler at the event here on her blog.

Favorite line from the night?

"A chick walked into my store decked out in designer duds and carrying an alligator Birkin. She picked up one of my porcelain vases and whispered to her friend in disgust, 'It's 98 dollars!!!' I wanted to cut her." - Jonathan Adler

Check out Needleman's book, The Perfectly Imperfect Home, here. (Would make a great gift for the ladies in your life!) I basically want to be her. And/or Virginia Johnson who illustrated the book.

Oh, and read the fascinating "about me" section of Adler's website here. It'll give you a sense of his personality and humor that had me giggling all night.

A few other links for you:

A bracelet for your bridesmaid or best friend.

Heart-printed furry friends.

Best coffee shops in NYC.

It can sometimes be difficult to find the appropriate message to write in a sympathy card. If you're at a loss for words, just write this.

If you don't know about Chairloom, you should.

A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake? Yes, this excites me...although I will always love the 1990 version best. (fun fact: my oldest brother was in it!)

This is for my fellow Wahoos.

A serif tote.

Jen Ramos blogged about these pretty camera straps.

A storage bench for an entryway.

I'm going to The Fat Radish for a friend's birthday dinner this weekend (never been!) - can't wait!

I'll leave you with this quote my guy (my biggest cheerleader) tweeted to me last night:

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt Disney

Did I mention he's going to Disney World tomorrow? Sigh... someone better send me a postcard! ;)

until next time,

g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...