Friday, June 17, 2011

Letterpress Project: Beginning Stages

I finished my "last" letterpress class last night. 

I'm only taking a short break, however, as I'm starting the same one again in a few weeks. I've spent most of this class learning what the heck I'm doing (I've quickly remembered my ineptitude for measuring) and even though I'm still figuring many things out, I have finally been able to start my project.  

What is my project?

I'm making calendars. And part of each calendar page will be sendable.

(Yes, I'm encouraging snail mail since half the world has forgotten how to send a note the old fashioned way. Disgrace! The little lady is out to set things right!)

Until I'm confident enough with my greeting card designs to mail them off to companies, I'm starting with something I can print by my little ol' self.

These are 180 prints that I made last night. 
(hello, arm workout!)





I will make a total of 600 prints of that one plate. 

And then I have multiple plates to print on the other side.

And then I have to cut them down, figure out packaging, etc.

Needless to say, it's going to be a long project. Wish me luck! I've been working my hiney off so I'm very excited that it's *starting* to come together.

Please stay tuned for updates!

until next time,

g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...