Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fish Tacos Recipe

I'm always looking for easy (and different!) recipes to try. My friend suggested cooking dinner at her apartment and I decided we should try to make fish tacos. After combining a few recipes I found online, here is the one we used:

Ingredients:
  • tilapia filets (We used 3 filets for 2 people.)
  • avacado
  • coleslaw or cabbage (We used a bag of dry coleslaw.)
  • salsa verde (We used Rosa Mexicana's brand. Yum!)
  • wheat tortillas

     Marinade:
  •        2 tbsp. olive oil
  •        2 tbsp. lime juice
  •        3 tsp. seasoning (mixture of chili powder and cumin)


Marinate tilapia in a mixture of oil, lime juice & seasonings for about 10 minutes. Cook in a pan over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side. Break fish into pieces and place in tortillas with remaining ingredients.



We mixed corn, black beans & a fresh green onion for a side; we seasoned with pepper.

Time to eat!


Oh, and we tried Bethenny Frankel's "Skinnygirl Margarita", which I have to admit is delicious! All you do is pour it over ice and serve. I met Bethenny back when she was only known for RH of NY (and I was a blonde). See below:

At the time, I wasn't that excited to meet her. I was more concerned about accidentally breaking her tiny frame. Now? Now I think she's hilarious. At any rate, try out her drink. And try out this recipe.

until next time,

g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...