Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The City With No Team

In New York City, we may not have a lot of trees to remind us what season it is, but we do know it's fall by one simple fact: college football season.

I have to admit, I am a bigger fan of the celebrations that coincide with games more so than the actual games. I know, I know - shame on me. Cut me some slack, though; I'm still in the process of learning what the snaps, spikes & sacks are all about!  If I'm undecided about what team I want to win, I base my decision purely on who has the prettier jerseys. That's my tactic and I'm stickin' to it. And since the only third-and-long I'm familiar with is a bar on 3rd Ave, I shall give you a list of just that. BARS.

In a city with no college team, we must follow our alma maters, hometown loyalties and other favorites. Many New Yorkers hail from different parts of the country -- so with the help of two articles (Guest of a Guest and Metropolis) paired with my own online searching, I have compiled a list of where you can watch your specific teams this season. I even linked each bar entry to the corresponding website. Yes, Little Lady is that helpful.

Alabama

Arizona

Arkansas

Berkely
Manhattan: The Australian
Brooklyn: Pacific Standard

Boston College

Clemson

Colorado

UConn

Duke
after that? TBA

Florida State

University of Florida
uptown: Gin Mill
downtown: Sidebar

Georgia
Village Pourhouse

Georgia Tech

Illinois
The Australian

Iowa
Kansas

Kansas State

Kentucky

LSU

Maryland

Miami
Brother Jimmy's on Lexington

Michigan
Brother Jimmy's Union Square

Michigan State

Minnesota

Ole Miss

Nebraska

North Carolina
Brother Jimmy's Murray Hill

Northwestern

Notre Dame

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Oregon

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Purdue

Rutgers

Syracuse

Texas

Texas A&M

Tennessee

UCLA

USC

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Washington

Wisconsin

Ok, I apologize if your team didn't make the cut. Little Lady can only do so much.

P.S. I'd like to just go ahead and point out that UVA won their first game.

Oh, and Virginia Tech lost theirs.

Wahoowa!

until next time,

g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...